Sunday, October 9, 2011

Wierd Fact


I figure I know about 10,000 human beings.

Not that I necessarily know them all well. I just think I have met about 10,000 people and been around them long enough to make some quick judgements. I have met, out of the 10,000 I know, the most terrifying human being on the planet. Granted, other people also have a 'most terrifying', and I expect there will have to be some kind of double-elimination runoff system to truly decide the contest. But I am confident that I found the guy, the Most Terrifying Human Being on the Planet.

And he is a surgeon.

A lot of surgeons are nice, caring people who will gladly take a moment to teach you something when they discover a gap in your knowledge. The majority are like this, in fact. But the field also breeds a type of person who has so thoroughly refined their own expertise as to alienate themselves completely from the relative incompetence of all other human beings.

Then they get mean.

I suppose the other part of this equation is that an OR is a special situation, in which there is not always time for pleasantries and manners. But I like to think that I would not be the kind of person who had to yell at someone for not having a tool. Especially not if 99 times out of 100, they can turn around and slap it into my hand within 2 seconds.

I wish I had someone like that. That would be handy. Hasta la vista, pockets.

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0 Unported License.

No comments:

Post a Comment