Sunday, October 23, 2011

Two Rules


I've lost about 5 pounds on surgery.

I'm not the only one with the weight change. I can think of at least a few others who have gone up or down a few pounds since this thing began 7 weeks ago. They're asking us for feedback; I want my time to feed back.

Feedback? Feed back!

I think it might actually be pretty sensitive. Rather than solicit everyone's subjective and inane interpretation of whether they have been overworked or given adequate time for activities of daily living outside work - I think they should just have a 'weigh-in, weigh-out'. The data is there.

In any case, I have definitely learned to eat when I can, because sometimes you are stuck in surgery (or worse perisurgery) through two consecutive meals. But what can you do except grin and bear it? Right of passage, and all that jazz? Sometimes, you scramble home with a bag of McDonald's that you eat as fast as you can so you can get to bed and be back to work in seven hours. It happens, and all you can really do is count the days down until you get to eat like normal people again.

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0 Unported License.

No comments:

Post a Comment