Thursday, October 20, 2011

Crossover


This is the beginning of a little project I'm dabbling with. It's a fake, fake children's book titled ABCs of Bovie. Fake (1) because it would make a horrible idea for a real children's book - kids don't need to be exposed to electrosurgery until they're at least 8. Fake (2) because it's not really a book; it's a powerpoint presentation I'm whipping up to satisfy the humanities requirement for my surgery rotation and get out of doing some H&Ps.

Really though, the bovie is arguably the most ubiquitous surgical instrument. I'm not sure I've done a surgical procedure (some fistulagrams notwithstanding) where the bovie did not get significant playing time. It's not a classic like the scalpel, or as awesome as the argon laser, but it's a damn fine cutting tool all the same.

I expect the book to follow on the heels of my previous bestsellers in surgical/childrens literature: A Beginner's Guide to Tying Tiny Knots, The Grumpy Attending and the Lost 'Long Richardson' Retractor, and Your Stepmommy's New Face.

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0 Unported License.

No comments:

Post a Comment