Sunday, August 28, 2011

Brand Loyalty


Luckily, I've gotten down to a more manageable number of patient - it was touch and go there for awhile. This has given me a little bit of time for extracurricular activities such as preparing for the shelf and paying attention to lectures.

Did I say 'extracurricular'? Well, maybe 'subcurricular'. Or 'paracurricular'?

Anyway, I heard in lecture the other day that generic thyroid hormone is not bioequivalent. The name brand is actually better if you need to control the dose really tightly.

I was not surprised. I've been to a grocery store. I know that Frosted Flakes are supposed to be sold by a tiger. As a child, and to this day, I have always been really uncomfortable with some 'Sugar Flake' knockoff sold by Sammy the Sugar Ssssnake. That is not how it is supposed to be. It's difficult to put into words, but obviously Tony the Tiger knows the market and his product. I trust him. This other guy is just some drawing done to fool kids who haven't seen enough commercials. The brand name cereal is just better - not in any objective way, it just is.

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0 Unported License.

No comments:

Post a Comment