Sunday, January 15, 2012

Underwater


I'm really courting the technical French/English pun loving demographic on this one.

Spent another day on call this past Friday. It nearly killed me. I've come to the conclusion that medical education is about 10% raw hazing. I did okay, got my notes done, kept my head down. But if they sense a hint of weakness, they will hound you mercilessly all night long.

It was rough. Every time I carved out a two hour block of no notes, in came the ambulances and the triage, and it was a fresh set of H&P's all over again. The actual medicine of Ob/Gyn is okay, but the schedule (and the suing) make it pretty tough. I had this realization when an attending told me how awesome it will be when she quits, opining that late 50's would be a good time to hang it up for good.

Happy retirement. Enjoy sleeping at night.

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0 Unported License.

No comments:

Post a Comment