Thursday, January 19, 2012

[[[[[[[[]]]]]]]]


There used to be these bills called 'SOPA' and 'PIPA' yesterday. I'd heard about them a little bit, something about using a firewall to unilaterally black out websites accused of copyright infringement. And that was the rub - not 'proved', but 'accused'. That made people kind of nervous, as Big Brother tends too. And it's probably not the best for the sharing of ideas.

Anyway, due to astounding concerted effort by most of the websites you would have ever gone to, support for these bills collapsed yesterday. So that's generally a good thing. The only problem was, when I got curious and went to try to use Wikipedia, it let me right in. I read like 16 articles and clicked a bunch of links. Couldn't get it to turn black.

I really learned a lot.

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0 Unported License.

No comments:

Post a Comment