Thursday, January 26, 2012

Always the Bridesmaid of Delivery


Another call night tonight. Another promise of hard work, diligent charting, and sporadic sleep. But another opportunity.

I want to catch baby. I think it's a reasonable request. Heretofore, however, circumstances have conspired to not give me that opportunity. I have come close. I've stood next to the doctor, I've delivered placentas, helped dry off baby. But I really think I would like to get one out. You know, to say I did.

I think the placentas are good practice. But nobody seems that interested in what I'm doing. They never have a name picked out, they never want to hold it, they're just never that excited about the placenta. Maybe I should start charting that... seems like it might be relevant - I don't think these placentas that I'm bringing into the world are necessarily getting loving homes.

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0 Unported License.

No comments:

Post a Comment