Thursday, January 5, 2012

Awareness


Still trying to get the lay of the land in Ob/Gyn. We have this democratically organized schedule, which is fine and just and all that, but it really does highlight the inefficiencies associated with democracy. If we don't spend another moment, I still will have spent about 2 hours more thinking about scheduling than if a kindly departmental aide had assigned everybody and handed me a color-coded calendar.

I did L&D yesterday, with another medical student. We divided up two patients who came at about the same time. I got to do an L - I auscultated some lungs and noted their clearness for the chart appropriately. He got to do a D - and said there was a lot of fluid involved. More than he had expected. A lot. Of fluid.

I've noticed people don't really seem to talk about the miracle of birth so much as the fluids associated with it when I'm actually down in the trenches. Suffice it to say, I'll be witnessing the miracle through appropriate eye protection, when I get the chance.

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0 Unported License.

No comments:

Post a Comment