Sunday, February 26, 2012

Hemi-Nares


For about four weeks last month, I did not breathe out of my right nostril. My favorite nostril. A consolidation of mucus had set up shop in such a way as to impede the passage, rendering it airtight and largely useless. I had thought briefly about trying to take an icepick to the front of my face in an effort to create a drain - but it seemed like that would be playing right into the... Thing's... hand.

Anyway, the fire alarm went off the other morning and woke me up abruptly, and a quick inhale burst the thing out. When I say 'burst the thing out', what I felt was some ancient evil had stirred from the deep dark. It was kinda icky, but I feel better now. This is the triumphant return of a two-nostril breather!

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0 Unported License.

No comments:

Post a Comment