Thursday, December 15, 2011

Tempus Fugit


Medicine. Surgery. Pediatrics.

It is exactly six months ago that I took Step One, and started this whole... thing. You've got to be careful not to spook yourself by looking at the big picture too often. As a rule, I find it's better to just keep marching, putting one foot in front of the other and getting up to fight a new fight every day. But I've come a damn long way in six months. Good for me. Good for all of us.

I really have learned a ton about doctoring, which I assume will come in handy when I work as a doctor. I'm certainly not there yet, but I'm a whole lot less lost lately than when I started out. I've managed to break myself of raising my hand to ask permission to use the bathroom, for example.

Anyway, as we come up on Winter Break, I think it's valuable to take a moment and reflect on how far we've come. Or at least, reflect on the fact that, "We don't have to go through that emmer-effer again."

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0 Unported License.

No comments:

Post a Comment