Sunday, March 25, 2012

Psi


A lot gets imbued on the humble ψ. I'm not sure there are any other fields where the whole thing can be subsumed into a single Greek letter. If you suspect 'supratentorial' issues in your ER interview, you pretty much just put a ψ in your notes, and underline it repeatedly as more supporting information comes in. Conversly though, if I suspect gallbladder causes, I don't just put ∑ or something. Maybe I should, the surgeon is going to do his whole own assessment anyway, just as we trust the ψ folks to do.

I guess the bottom line is that other fields need to pick out their own letters.

...And adopt the same hours as the Psychiatrists.

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0 Unported License.

No comments:

Post a Comment